I have had such an exciting couple of days!! Yesterday I got the chance to meet and talk with 2 very awesome Argentine students! I haven't asked permission yet to write about them, so for now I can't say much about their stories. But please please be praying for my two new sweet friends!! I am meeting with one of the girls again tomorrow afternoon, so if you happen to think of us, we would love your prayers! Also I am meeting with my other precious new friend next Tuesday, so you can be praying for God to give me the guidance and wisdom to help talk her through some tough questions! Sorry I can't give much more information now, but know that God is DEFINITELY at work on this campus!! One of my sweet new friends skipped her class that she travels 1 1/2 hours by bus to attend, just because she was so interested in hearing more about Jesus!!! Yes, we talked until sunset. God is changing hearts here in Buenos Aires and I am so blessed to be able to see it all unfold! God is so good!!!
Now, on the Cine part of this post. Tonight after leaving campus some of my other Argentine friends invited me to go al cine (to the movie theater) with them! We watched an Argentine film called Elefante Blanco. It was about the villas (poor neighborhoods) and was very very sad. I only understood about half of it, but the parts that I did understand almost brought me to tears :( although it wasn't based on a true story, my friend Estefania told me that most of the things that took place in the film really happen every day. It broke my heart! I was a sad reminder of just how broken the world is. Although the movie was pretty tragic, I thoroughly enjoyed being able to hangout with some of my new friends off campus! I also got invited to drink mate (kind of like tea) in the park on Saturday! Can't wait to see these friendships grow. I see so much love in these people!! Thankful for new friends and growing relationships! And of course I am still very thankful for all of my supporters! Would not be here without you all!!
A very moving post baby. Thanks for sharing. I Love You! Dad
ReplyDelete