Thursday, May 17, 2012

Strike

Good news and bad news this morning!!! The good news: I finally got my sube card! Which means I can easily ride all of the collectivos (busses) y los subtes (subways)! The bad news: the subway workers went on strike today soo no subway for us. Which means walking because the busses are too crowded for our group. Haha apparently the subway workers go on strike pretty frequently aqui. But it was actually pretty nice getting to see more of the city on foot :) It really makes me appreciate my car.. Although i would never dare to drive on these crazy streets. Also we got to go on campus yesterday and start talking to students! The weather here is still beautiful and in the low 70s. I also found out which facultad (the campuses are separated by different areas of study) I will be at this summer, and it is the Univercity of Buenos Aires law campus. Or, derrecho! So excited to start my first real day there tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment