Perhaps one blessing that has stood out the most to me today, is St. Luke. I have been attending St. Luke Lutheran Church since my family moved to Memphis about 5 years ago. I remember the very first SLY (St. Luke Youth) event I ever attended, and how scary it was to go, since I didn't know anyone. But I also remember the overwhelming feelings of friendliness and welcome I felt the second I arrived. I could tell from the very beginning that St. Luke was a church full of genuinely caring people. And so, as they say, the rest is history!
Today, I was again reminded of the amazing caring hearts of the St. Luke saints. The church hosted a donut sale in order to help raise support toward this trip to Argentina, and today I was presented a check for over $1,000 toward my trip!!! Funny thing is, the amount of money that was raised was enough to completely cover the remainder of my support. In fact, it was almost the EXACT amount of money that I still had left to raise! God is so cool. Especially since I didn't have any idea of where the rest of my support money would come from! Anyway, God has really shown me today that he ALWAYS provides! And to all of my St. Luke family, I would like send one giant THANK YOU!!!!! I know that God brought me and my family to St. Luke for a reason and I am so very grateful that he did! I am so thankful to each and every St. Luke saint! Thank you all for supporting my trip! I literally would not be getting on a plane and leaving the country tomorrow if it were not for ya'll. I am so thankful that God has given me an amazing and generous church family! Thank you all so much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment