Friday, June 1, 2012

Feelings

Do you ever get those weird feelings that you just "need" to do something? Like when you see someone and you just feel like the Lord is telling you to go talk to them or do something for them? Yeah.. I don't. I wish I could tell you what that feels like, but it doesn't really happen to me. I've always been jealous of those people who just "know" they need to say or do something. But yesterday for the first time in my life I had one of those feelings. I was sitting down on some steps in the school lobby when I happened to look up and see a girl that was pretty upset walk by. I really don't know if it was because she was crying or what, but for some reason I just got the strongest feeling that I needed to go talk to her. So naturally I stalked her untill she sat down, and then I made my move. She was still crying when I went up to her and I couldn't think of what to say so I just asked her if she spoke English. When she said yes I pulled out my soularium cards (a collection of pictures we use to give students surveys in hopes of sparking spiritual conversations) and asked her if he had time for a survey. Now I'm not exactly sure why she was so nice to me, because if I was sitting by myself visibly upset and some gringo (foreigner) came up to me asking me to do a survey I would have told them to get lost.. But for some reason she agreed to participate. Long story short we ended up talking until she had to go and she was sooo excited to meet up with me again and hear more about Jesus! She even offered to give me a tour of the city and show me all of her favorite places! Argentines are probably the most friendly and welcoming group of people I have ever met. Today was awesome! Thanking God for all of my wonderful new friends! Galatians 2:22

2 comments:

  1. this is precious kenna! your doing amazing things over there and I am proud of you.
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. **Typo on the verse, I think I meant to put Galatians 2:20, since there is no Galations 2:22 :)

    ReplyDelete