Hey everyone!! I created this blog in order to keep in touch with all of my friends and family while in Buenos Aires, Argentina! I plan on posting a few times a week, so that I can keep you all updated on what God is doing in Argentina!! Thank you all so so much for your wonderful support!
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Halfway!
So as you might have guessed by the title of this post, we are now just about halfway through our 6 week adventure here in BA! This feeling is so bittersweet!! I am really starting to miss all of my family and friends back in the states, but at the same time I am still so in love with the Argentines! I cannot believe it is already halfway over! Anyway, in order to take a break from the busy city life, our staff surprised us with a day trip to an estancia (ranch) about 2 hours from the city! It was absolutely beautiful! After living in this busy busy down town area for the past 3 weeks I have never been so excited to see grass! There were also horses and we got to take part in a big traditional asada, which is kind of like a BBQ. We had such a fun amazing day! The only down side is that my horse decided to go a little crazy when one of the gauchos whistled and he took off and bucked me off. I fell off the back of the horse, but thankfully I'm okay! Just a little sore but nothing serious. Thanking God that I didn't get hurt! Other than that I had an amazing restful day and am so grateful to have gotten a break from the craziness of city life! Still cannot believe that this trip is halfway through, it is flying by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Only you would get bucked off a horse in another country. :p love you kenna cant wait until you get back!
ReplyDeleteWonderful McKenna. I was able to catch up with your blogs now that I am home. Made me cry, what a wonderful thing you are doing. helping others come to know the Lord is the most awesome thing you will ever do. Also it is so special that you can see the Lords hand in your everyday activities. No one can know how very awesome that is till they experience it. I am happy you see as you will remember the rest of your life. Keep up keeping on, your awesome. I love you.
ReplyDeleteGrandma M
Hi McKenna,
ReplyDeleteI just got caught up with reading your latest blogs (thanks to Pam in the office).:)
I am so touched by all the God moments you are experiencing this summer. Thank you for sharing them. You are a blessing to me, our St. Luke family and i know- to all that you meet in Argentina!
I, too, remember your's and Dane's first visit to SLY. :) I saw from that first day how special you are and what a huge, kind, God-loving heart you have! You are such a genuine person with so much to offer to others. Thanks for your willingness to step out in faith and trust God to use you as his hands and feet in Argentina. It really is a beautiful thing He is doing through you! Looking forward to seeing you soon and hearing more.
God Bless-
Love,
Ms. Ruth:)