Hey everyone!! I created this blog in order to keep in touch with all of my friends and family while in Buenos Aires, Argentina! I plan on posting a few times a week, so that I can keep you all updated on what God is doing in Argentina!! Thank you all so so much for your wonderful support!
Monday, June 11, 2012
Catching up
First of all, I am so sorry that it has been so long since the last time I have written!!! Things have been crazy busy here!! Because I haven't given any updates in so long, I thought I would just post some of the main highlights that have happened this past week!
Last Tuesday- we had a follow up meeting with one of the girls I posted about before. She has a lot of hard questions and doubts about God and his love and plan. Please by praying for this sweet new friend of mine! Pray that God will reveal himself to her and that she will realize how much he cares for her and wants to have a relationship with her!
Last Thursday- one of the best days I've had since I've been in Buenos Aires!! A friend and I were having a hard time finding girls that spoke English and were willing to talk to us so we were just sitting on a bench reading our Bibles when an Argentine girl came up to us and starting asking us questions about who we were and what we were doing there. She ended up eating lunch with us and hanging out with us for a few hours, and it turns out that she is a believer and might possibly get involved with vida estudiantil (the Argentine version of CRU). Please pray that God might give this girl a desire to get involved with vida! Right now there is only one girl on the law campus that is involved and we are hoping to gain at least a few more so that there will be enough students to start a womens Bible study!
Saturday- we took a day trip to La Plata!! It was such an awesome city and I fell in love with it!! There were parks and trees everywhere. It was so nice to see some green!
Sunday- we had a big picnic event at the park with all of the Argentine friends we have met so far! We played soccer, frisbee, volleyball, and drank lots of mate. It was so amazing to get to spend the day building relationships with these students!
Today (Monday)- The best day yet!!! God is so graceful!!! Today he blessed me with the opportunity to share with a girl who decided that she wanted to go home and pray to receive Christ as her savior tonight!! I am so thankful for Him allowing me to see this awesome glimpse of His plan! He is so good!!!
Later on tonight when we got back to the hotel some of our Argentine friends taught us how to salsa! It was so much fun!!! As of last Sunday, our group came up with a list of 16 new believers that have given their lives over to Christ since we have been here. And those are only the students that He has allowed us to see! God is so good and his work here in Argentina is so obvious it's crazy! He doesn't need me or any of us to do what he is doing in this city. I feel so privileged to be able to take part in His awesome plan! Thank you all SO MUCH to everyone back home in the states, I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers!! I am always grateful for your wonderful support!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletesorry had to delete my earlier post..too many typos..lol
ReplyDeletebuttttt here is the one i tried to post but it didnt work so i had to put it in a reply box..lol whoops
Kennnaaa!!! Wow!! It's amazing to hear about all the hard work you are doing in Argentina. It really is remarkable to see how much your relationship with Christ has grown. I am so proud of you! You are changing lives and changing mine in the process. Keep up the good work! I will talk to you soon! I love you!!
~Ayana