I made it home!!!! So along with all of the amazing things I have learned this summer, I have also realized that am not a very good blogger. To everyone who has been keeping up with this blog, you are awesome! Thank you so very much, especially since I have been so bad about posting regularly. I apologize for not keeping you guys more up to date!
That being said, my last few weeks in Buenos Aires, were packed full of some AMAZING experiences!! I could talk for hours about all of the wonderful things God taught me. However, in order to keep this post shorter than a novel, I am just going to tell one of my very favorite stories from my last couple weeks in Argentina!
One day on campus, we were doing our usually surveys, when we met a girl named Johanna. She was sitting on a bench studying for an exam when we approached her and asked if she spoke English. She spoke almost perfect English, and she agreed to do our survey. When we asked her the first question, trying to learn a little about her life, she told us that she is a christian and believes that Christ died on the cross for her sins. We got SO excited to meet another believer on campus, that she probably thought we were crazy! We spent a few more minutes talking to her and telling her about Vida, but then she had to go to class for an exam. A few days later I got to meet back up with Johanna and talk to her a little more. Come to find out, she has been attending Derecho for 3 years and ever since she started going to school there she's been praying for God to introduce her to a group of believers on her campus. AND on the day we met her she was sitting in a place on campus she never goes, at a time when she is never even at school. God is so so so so faithful!! It never ceases to amaze me. Oh, and remember how we have been praying for women to get involved in Vida and for more student leaders to rise up? Johanna is just as excited about getting involved in Vida as we are to have found her! She has been searching for a group of students to help her share her faith on campus for years.
So in short, the story of us meeting Johanna pretty much sums up much of what God has taught me throughout this entire summer: God is faithful, and God is sovereign. He knew that Johanna would be in that hall that day at that time, and that she would be a translation major and want to practice her English with us. He knew that she was searching for a way to share her faith with other students on campus, and He knew that Vida would be a perfect way for her to do so. He is so so so very faithful, even when I am not. He not only allowed me to see part of his wonderful plan fulfilled through Johanna, He also provided me with a lifelong friend in the process. He blesses me with so much more than I deserve!! I will never understand how much he loves us all, but I sure am glad he does! I am so thankful for my experiences in Argentina! I thank you all SO MUCH for going on this adventure with me and I would absolutely love to tell you more about it!! Thanks for all of the wonderful support you have given me!
Hi McKenna! Would love to hear more of your story but we will be away from Cordova until October; then I'd love to hear all about Argentina! By the way our son & family, who are Wycliffe missionaries will be sharing tomorrow. Hope you get a chance to talk with them!!!
ReplyDeleteMarty & Karen Lange and our 4 wonderful grandchildren.
Love in Jesus,
Nancy Lange